Old 15-07-2017, 08:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default lemon cucumbers: sudden death syndrome

Hi All,

I grew a lemon cucumber last year. It suddenly died.
Went from healthy to wilted overnight.

This year I got three lemon cucumbers on close out sale.
Same thing happened to one of the three. Died
overnight. The other two are healthy.

Hmmmmm.

-T
Old 15-07-2017, 01:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:

I grew a lemon cucumber last year. It suddenly died.
Went from healthy to wilted overnight.

This year I got three lemon cucumbers on close out sale.
Same thing happened to one of the three. Died
overnight. The other two are healthy.

Hmmmmm.

check the roots and stem for damage but
otherwise it could be vascular collapse or
a fungal disease plugging the pipes (i.e. it
was likely in the plant when you bought it).

hard to say for sure in all cases.

make sure the plants have plenty of
water. compost remains and move on.

songbird
Old 16-07-2017, 06:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 07/15/2017 04:12 AM, songbird wrote:
it
was likely in the plant when you bought i

You may have something there. The ones I use to grow
from seeds never did that.
Old 25-07-2017, 07:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 07/14/2017 11:40 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I grew a lemon cucumber last year. It suddenly died.
Went from healthy to wilted overnight.

This year I got three lemon cucumbers on close out sale.
Same thing happened to one of the three. Died
overnight. The other two are healthy.

Hmmmmm.

-T

The second one went from completely healthy to
completely dead overnight. Got one more to go.

:'(

On the bright side, I am getting some zucchini!