Old 11-08-2017, 08:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Pickles !

On 8/4/2017 4:02 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
We had enough cucumbers all at once so the wife put up 6 pints of
dill pickles today . In a few days we'll try them and decide if it's
worth the effort to make more - she's never done pickles before . Now
I gotta get in the kitchen and cut the okra up to freeze .

--

Snag

And another 6 pints today . Looks like this might be a weekly thing
until the cukes quits .

--

Snag

Old 12-08-2017, 02:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 11:54:43 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 8/4/2017 4:02 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
We had enough cucumbers all at once so the wife put up 6 pints of dill
pickles today . In a few days we'll try them and decide if it's worth
the effort to make more - she's never done pickles before . Now I gotta
get in the kitchen and cut the okra up to freeze .

I made a small jar of pickled tai hot peppers. Several family members
love hot peppers, so I'll be seeing if they like them or not.

We have some habanero and ghost peppers still on the bushes not quite
ripe, yet. This is the first year we actually got ghost peppers to
fruit! I'm kind of curious which family member will dare the others to
eat some!

--
Maggie

Those ghost peppers are intense. We grew some a few years back and they were dangerous. Be careful picking and processing them; wear gloves and masks.

Paul
Old 12-08-2017, 04:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 8/11/2017 8:14 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
[...]

I saw one of the ghost peppers turning red, today, but didn't pull it.
I didn't get many fruit, but I guess I don't need many! lol

--
Maggie

Pete quick pickles JRYezierski Edible Gardening 0 23-07-2004 10:03 PM
1st time Easy Pickles anyone make some yet? JRYezierski Edible Gardening 0 13-07-2004 08:02 PM
Refrigerator pickles Jackson Lawns 0 13-03-2004 03:24 AM
Speaking of Pickles..... King Pineapple Edible Gardening 0 16-08-2003 03:02 PM
need fresh sweet pickles recipe Zphysics1 Edible Gardening 1 15-07-2003 12:19 AM