Old 27-08-2017, 04:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default ping George: you survive the free lawn watering?

You make it through Harvey okay?
Old 27-08-2017, 11:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 8/26/2017 10:59 PM, T wrote:
You make it through Harvey okay?

Yup. Free rain water at high levels for the gardens and the lawn. I
think the pear tree is growing faster now.

Up at 0530, used the flashlight to look at the rain gauge on the back
fence. The gauge holds six inches of water and the float is on the
ground. Looks to me that the rain is falling at about six to eight
inches an hour and, probably will be going on for the coming week.

My weather app says an inch an hour for the next week. Thank goodness we
bought a house on a goodly sized rise with good drainage.

Both vehicles parked on the concrete drive are very clean now. Free car
wash. We shall see if the lady of the house is willing to drive through
flood water to go to church. Hopefully she will sit it out and just do
her prayers. Her church is in downtown Tomball, TX at a lower elevation
than our spot.

No strong winds blowing here, just a steady rainfall, a gardeners wish
comes true.

George, Miz Anne, still snoozing, and Tilly Dawg
Old 27-08-2017, 01:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 8/27/2017 6:41 AM, George Shirley wrote:
On 8/26/2017 10:59 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Sounds good. Too much water can be bad for some plants but better a
garden failure than a house failure.
Old 28-08-2017, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 08/27/2017 03:41 AM, George Shirley wrote:
On 8/26/2017 10:59 PM, T wrote:
[...]

:-) (Free smile)

Ping George: diabetic data on Chowder Peas and brown rice T[_4_] Edible Gardening 10 07-07-2016 10:07 PM
Ping George Brooklyn1 Gardening 0 06-07-2013 04:11 PM
Free Website, Free Domain, Free Installation, Free Scripts hostnomi United Kingdom 0 25-03-2008 08:11 AM