Old 18-09-2017, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Rain

Some good came into our world this afternoon, headed out to the grocery
store to pick up a few items and the bottom fell out of the sky. Managed
to get to the store with all that rain following and then got back home.
Early the rain was a veritable deluge and now it has slowed down a bit,
it is still welcome. Free water on the gardens and fruit trees is always
welcome. Weather heads say may be on and off for next few days, doesn't
bother me at all, we live on high ground.

Found out a day or two ago that an old classmate from high school had
her house flood up to three feet inside from Harvey passing by. Luckily
she has flood insurance and she and her eldest son made out okay. Will
call her tomorrow and see if any of our other friends got hit and how
hard. She's lived 100 feet from Cow Bayou in Orangefield, TX most of our
lives and she's my age and a little more. Glad she had the proper
insurance though. We are the last two of our 32 members of our
graduating class. Largest class ever was our 1957 graduation. Many more
years have brought on very large classes but we're the last of ours.
Time flies faster than anything when you get old.

Found out today that my kids, grands, and great grands are holding a
birthday party for me on the 23rd. It's a nice gesture but I would
prefer something quieter than the whole crew coming to see me. BG
That's about eighteen people including myself and the wife, makes a big
noise in a small house but it will be nice with all our off spring here
for a bit. Who ever thought 57 years ago how many of us there would be!

George
Old 19-09-2017, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

George Shirley wrote:

Some good came into our world this afternoon, headed out to the grocery
store to pick up a few items and the bottom fell out of the sky. Managed
to get to the store with all that rain following and then got back home.
Early the rain was a veritable deluge and now it has slowed down a bit,
it is still welcome. Free water on the gardens and fruit trees is always
welcome. Weather heads say may be on and off for next few days, doesn't
bother me at all, we live on high ground.

envious of anyone getting rains recently. we had
a little bit the other day, but are far behind normal
(3 inches per month) the past few months.

hope the party is a quiet riot.

songbird