Old 22-09-2017, 08:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default freeze alert

NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight. Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!
Old 22-09-2017, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 2:46:59 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight. Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

Where are you that's having a freeze alert? Here in the Baltimore area, we're expecting upper 80's for the next few days.

Paul
Old 22-09-2017, 09:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/22/2017 3:06 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 2:46:59 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight. Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

Where are you that's having a freeze alert? Here in the Baltimore area, we're expecting upper 80's for the next few days.

Paul

Flagstaff AZ is having them according to neighbor who will be moving there.
Old 22-09-2017, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/22/2017 1:46 PM, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight.Â* Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

send the freeze here, it's close to 100F.
Old 23-09-2017, 12:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 09/22/2017 12:06 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 2:46:59 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight. Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

Where are you that's having a freeze alert? Here in the Baltimore area, we're expecting upper 80's for the next few days.

Paul

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...89460%2C%20USA

Lat: 38.93894°NLon: 119.67725°WElev: 5171ft.

Old 23-09-2017, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 09/22/2017 02:09 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 9/22/2017 1:46 PM, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight. Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

send the freeze here, it's close to 100F.

UPS???

It was 95F here two weeks ago!

Old 23-09-2017, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 09/22/2017 12:09 PM, Frank wrote:
On 9/22/2017 3:06 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 2:46:59 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight. Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

Where are you that's having a freeze alert? Here in the Baltimore
area, we're expecting upper 80's for the next few days.

Paul

Flagstaff AZ is having them according to neighbor who will be moving there.

Last year we got clobbered by the Pineapple Express. Maybe
this year we are getting clobbered by the Polar version
of it (there is a name for it too, but I forget and can't
find it).

If so, it means a lot of snow and ice. And Trout are safe
from me spoiling their dinner for a month or two. They
should know better. They are never safe from me!
Old 23-09-2017, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/22/2017 1:46 PM, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight.Â* Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

send the freeze here, it's close to 100F.

UPS???

It was 95F here two weeks ago!

Last time I was in Reno was in the eighties, also went to Lost Wages.
Nice people mostly but I don't gamble, never had enough money to throw
away. G

Had relatives in Reno and stopped by to visit on the way back to Saudi
Arabia. We always flew home and back to Saudi around the world. The
company paid the way so why not. Alas, no more excuse to go there
anymore, the relatives were the grandchildren of an uncle I never met
and we never visited them or them visit us again.
Old 23-09-2017, 03:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 6:04:48 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 09/22/2017 12:06 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 2:46:59 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight. Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

Where are you that's having a freeze alert? Here in the Baltimore area, we're expecting upper 80's for the next few days.

Paul

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...89460%2C%20USA

Lat: 38.93894°NLon: 119.67725°WElev: 5171ft.

For those of us who haven't memorized all the latitudes and longitudes, can you identify a nearby city and state?
Old 23-09-2017, 05:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 09/22/2017 06:58 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 6:04:48 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 09/22/2017 12:06 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 2:46:59 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight. Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

Where are you that's having a freeze alert? Here in the Baltimore area, we're expecting upper 80's for the next few days.

Paul

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...89460%2C%20USA

Lat: 38.93894°NLon: 119.67725°WElev: 5171ft.

For those of us who haven't memorized all the latitudes and longitudes, can you identify a nearby city and state?

Click on the link. It will give yo a topo map, cities, roads,
included. You can expand the map to see where we are versus
the the rest of the state or even country

Old 23-09-2017, 10:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 09/22/2017 11:46 AM, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight. Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

It hit 29F last night, Zucchini are all dead.
Curious. The cherry tomatoes and my pepper
seemed to have survived. My one lemon cucumber
seems sad, but it also seemed to survive.

My nasty hot, woody radishes and my goji berries
seemed to have enjoyed themselves.
Old 24-09-2017, 12:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/23/2017 3:11 PM, T wrote:
On 09/22/2017 11:46 AM, T wrote:
NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight.Â* Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

It hit 29F last night, Zucchini are all dead.
Curious.Â* The cherry tomatoes and my pepper
seemed to have survived.Â* My one lemon cucumber
seems sad, but it also seemed to survive.

My nasty hot, woody radishes and my goji berries
seemed to have enjoyed themselves.

Eat your heart out, it hit 91F again here in Texas.

Wife has been in the garden since day started, she's replenishing the
raised bed "dirt." Plus she's ticked off for some reason so me and the
dawg are hiding.

George
Old 24-09-2017, 02:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 09/23/2017 03:25 PM, George Shirley wrote:
Plus she's ticked off for some reason so me and the dawg are hiding.

You probably left the toilet seat up.

Try the following:

"Honey, I understand"

If that does not work

"Honey, you were right"

And, if THAT does not work

"You were right. I was Wrong. I am sorry I
argued the point with you"

And make her a cup of tea!
Old 24-09-2017, 04:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/23/2017 7:23 PM, T wrote:
On 09/23/2017 03:25 PM, George Shirley wrote:
Plus she's ticked off for some reason so me and the dawg are hiding.

You probably left the toilet seat up.

Try the following:

Â*Â* "Honey, I understand"

If that does not work

Â*Â*Â* "Honey, you were right"

And, if THAT does not work

Â*Â*Â*Â* "You were right.Â* I was Wrong.Â* I am sorry I
Â*Â*Â*Â* argued the point with you"

And make her a cup of tea!

good husband

--
Maggie
Old 24-09-2017, 08:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

George Shirley wrote:
Wife has been in the garden since day started, she's replenishing the
raised bed "dirt." Plus she's ticked off for some reason so me and the
dawg are hiding.

hope it is not heat stroke...

i used to acclimate to heat ok for the summers,
but not since living with AC and carrying extra 20lbs.

i was chipping away and losing a few here or there
this summer, i still might be, haven't checked lately.
i know i can now dig pretty well for a few hours and
work ok, but the heat eventually gets to be too much.

i'll be hiding inside for the next few days. 90+F
still in the forecast and i don't have enough left to
do outside other than heavy projects i don't want to
do yet. later in the week we'll be back to the 70s
and maybe 60s.

my knee needs a rest anyways.

songbird

Freeze alert T[_4_] Edible Gardening 7 06-10-2016 08:29 PM
newbie... Troll Alert eom kush Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 07:22 AM
SPAM ALERT an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets animaux Gardening 0 30-01-2003 03:52 AM
** ALERT- - Rid your PC of Illegal Images** wwwwwwssssssx Matriarc Ponds 0 26-01-2003 05:37 AM
** ALERT- - Rid your PC of Illegal Images** wwwwwwssssssx Don Wanton Ponds 0 26-01-2003 12:28 AM