GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Correct spelling: "veggie" or "vegie"? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/215080-re-correct-spelling-veggie-vegie.html)

[email protected] 21-11-2017 07:55 PM

Correct spelling: "veggie" or "vegie"?

Aussies seem to always have small nuances in the spellings. English background.

However, is it Piza or Pizza?

Veg are you thinking Vedge or Vek ?

I don't see or hear Vedge in the spelling of Veg,

I see the short version of the "g" As in Peg.

So Vegie Sounds like Ve-Ghee not Vedgie, to me....

I have always seen and spelled it as Veggies, until I got to Australia, who spell a lot of things differently from my upbringing in the USA.

I am reading a book from an Australian, and Vegies just looks wrong to me.

Muggles[_3_] 21-11-2017 09:55 PM

On 11/21/2017 1:55 PM, wrote:
Aussies seem to always have small nuances in the spellings. English background.

However, is it Piza or Pizza?

Veg are you thinking Vedge or Vek ?

I don't see or hear Vedge in the spelling of Veg,

I see the short version of the "g" As in Peg.

So Vegie Sounds like Ve-Ghee not Vedgie, to me....

I have always seen and spelled it as Veggies, until I got to Australia, who spell a lot of things differently from my upbringing in the USA.

I am reading a book from an Australian, and Vegies just looks wrong to me.

Spell it any way you want as long as you don't forget to serve them up
at dinnertime! :)

--
Maggie

[email protected] 27-03-2018 04:57 PM

On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 3:55:30 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/21/2017 1:55 PM, wrote:
Aussies seem to always have small nuances in the spellings. English background.

However, is it Piza or Pizza?

Veg are you thinking Vedge or Vek ?

I don't see or hear Vedge in the spelling of Veg,

I see the short version of the "g" As in Peg.

So Vegie Sounds like Ve-Ghee not Vedgie, to me....

I have always seen and spelled it as Veggies, until I got to Australia, who spell a lot of things differently from my upbringing in the USA.

I am reading a book from an Australian, and Vegies just looks wrong to me.

Spell it any way you want as long as you don't forget to serve them up
at dinnertime! :)

--
Maggie

Are you sure it is not Magie?