Old 08-01-2018, 07:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default borer resistant squish

T wrote:
My bad. I will keep looking to see if I can find
nutrition data on them by themselves.

i looked for a bit today and could not find
anything clearly marked for that particular
squash, but i would not be too surprised if
it is similar in nutrition as zukes or any of
the other summer squash.

songbird

Old 09-01-2018, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 01/07/2018 10:10 PM, songbird wrote:
i would not be too surprised if
it is similar in nutrition as zukes or any of
the other summer squash.

You are correct. All summer squash are basically the
same. Winter squash, on the other hand, are toxic to
diabetics.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 17:15:24 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/07/2018 10:10 PM, songbird wrote:
i would not be too surprised if
it is similar in nutrition as zukes or any of
the other summer squash.

You are correct. All summer squash are basically the
same. Winter squash, on the other hand, are toxic to
diabetics.

Please stop your nonsense.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutriti...winter-squash/
Old 09-01-2018, 06:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 01/08/2018 06:05 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 17:15:24 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/07/2018 10:10 PM, songbird wrote:
i would not be too surprised if
it is similar in nutrition as zukes or any of
the other summer squash.

You are correct. All summer squash are basically the
same. Winter squash, on the other hand, are toxic to
diabetics.

Please stop your nonsense.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutriti...winter-squash/

Hi Boron,

I read what the guy said about winter squash in your link.
I am sorry, but what an idiot.

I am not risking my feet falling off.

Here are some numbers for Acorn squash:

Squash, winter, acorn, cooked, baked, without salt:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2645/2

Here is his example of Butternut Squash that he touted
for diabetics:

Squash, winter, butternut, cooked, baked, without salt

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2648/2

1 cups cubes (205g)
Glycemic load 8
Total Carbohydrate 21.5g

For a T2 Diabetic, here are the rules:

Glycemic load: 10 total per day
carbs: 15 max per meal (7 for hard cases, no borrowing)
60 total per day (30 for hard cases)

To heal from Carbohydrate Poisoning (T2 Diabetes), you have
to return to some semblance of what our ancestors ate.
That would be Primal or Paleo of somewhere in between.

For a Drug Free Diabetic or any diabetic for that matter,
you'd be an absolute fool to eat winter squash. Humans
are not designed to eat anything that has been artificially
hybridized to contain unnatural level of carbohydrates
NOT FOUND in nature.

After you get over the carbohydrate addiction,
your taste returns and the food is so good you have to
be careful not to eat too much. (I was up to 4000 calories
a day!)

Or you can stay addicted and go the carb and drug route.
The medical establishment and Big Parma makes a ton
of money off of T2 committing suicide on the installment
programs.

The conflict of interest is something to behold.
You saw a good example of it in the link you sent me,
especially the part about a low glycemic load.
The writer of that article should be ashamed of themselves.

I am three years drug free. I am thriving, not just
surviving.

-T

Old 09-01-2018, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 21:55:50 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/08/2018 06:05 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 17:15:24 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/07/2018 10:10 PM, songbird wrote:
i would not be too surprised if
it is similar in nutrition as zukes or any of
the other summer squash.

You are correct. All summer squash are basically the
same. Winter squash, on the other hand, are toxic to
diabetics.

Please stop your nonsense.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutriti...winter-squash/

Hi Boron,

For a T2 Diabetic, here are the rules:

Glycemic load: 10 total per day
carbs: 15 max per meal (7 for hard cases, no borrowing)
60 total per day (30 for hard cases)

To heal from Carbohydrate Poisoning (T2 Diabetes), you have
to return to some semblance of what our ancestors ate.
That would be Primal or Paleo of somewhere in between.

Bullshit. Sorry,but this idiocy and misinformation you post earn you a
rare spot in the KF.

Talk about fake news.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 01/09/2018 08:48 AM, Boron wrote:
[...]

And now we know why one out of eleven of us have
T2 Diabetes, when it use to be relatively unheard of.
We are being poisoned by an unnatural diet.

I stand behind everything I said.

Disease Resistant/Mildew Resistant Tomato SH United Kingdom 7 04-01-2004 04:52 AM
Squash Vine Borer BB North Carolina 5 11-07-2003 07:14 PM
foiling the squash vine borer-now: green bean question Julia Altshuler Gardening 3 02-06-2003 05:08 AM
foiling the squash vine borer Julia Altshuler Gardening 17 31-05-2003 12:20 PM
[IBC] spots on boxwood (was leaf borer on kingsville boxwood) Sam Williams Bonsai 0 30-04-2003 02:08 AM