GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Do deciduous plants grow in the winter? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/215198-do-deciduous-plants-grow-winter.html)

T[_4_] 10-02-2018 03:59 AM

Do deciduous plants grow in the winter?

Hi All,

I may just be my eyes, but it looks like my Goji Berries have grown
about a foot over the winter with all their leaves gone. IS
this possible?

Goji Berry is a dicot and a member of the Solanaceae (nightshades)
family: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goji

-T

songbird[_2_] 10-02-2018 01:10 PM

T wrote:

I may just be my eyes, but it looks like my Goji Berries have grown
about a foot over the winter with all their leaves gone. IS
this possible?

for a woody plant, not too likely. the buds
may get bigger to be ready for leafing out, but
that is a bit too early for us here.

we've been having plenty of snow for a change.
the west could use a lot more in the mountains...

Goji Berry is a dicot and a member of the Solanaceae (nightshades)
family: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goji

songbird

T[_4_] 10-02-2018 02:57 PM

On 02/10/2018 04:10 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:

I may just be my eyes, but it looks like my Goji Berries have grown
about a foot over the winter with all their leaves gone. IS
this possible?

for a woody plant, not too likely. the buds
may get bigger to be ready for leafing out, but
that is a bit too early for us here.

we've been having plenty of snow for a change.
the west could use a lot more in the mountains...

Goji Berry is a dicot and a member of the Solanaceae (nightshades)
family: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goji

songbird

Must just be my eyes then. Must still remember then as babies