GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Edible flowers? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/215481-edible-flowers.html)

Maya74 14-06-2018 10:36 PM

Edible flowers?

Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to! It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat" :D Have you ever tried them?

Terry Coombs 15-06-2018 01:37 AM

Edible flowers?

On 6/14/2018 4:36 PM, Maya74 wrote:
Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at
my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use
them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to!
It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for
some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat" :D
Have you ever tried them?

Squash blossoms , lightly battered and deep fried .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Pavel314[_2_] 15-06-2018 03:39 AM

Edible flowers?

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 6:25:48 PM UTC-4, Maya74 wrote:
Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at
my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use
them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to!
It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for
some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat" :D
Have you ever tried them?

--
Maya74

I haven't cooked with flowers, but I once made a batch of mead flavored with the petals of white roses. It turned out very well.

Paul

Ecnerwal 15-06-2018 04:20 PM

Edible flowers?

In article ,
Maya74 wrote:

Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at
my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use
them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to!
It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for
some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat" :D
Have you ever tried them?

Chive flowers, soft cheese of some sort, bread or cracker.

Nasturtium flowers, same, or just drop in a salad.

Check flowers carefully for passengers.

songbird[_2_] 16-06-2018 10:49 PM

Edible flowers?

Maya74 wrote:

Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at
my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use
them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to!
It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for
some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat" :D
Have you ever tried them?

some daylily flowers are edible. tasted a bit like
pepper but otherwise ok.

songbird