Old 14-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Registered User

Arrow Edible flowers?

Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to! It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat" Have you ever tried them?
Old 15-06-2018, 01:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Edible flowers?

On 6/14/2018 4:36 PM, Maya74 wrote:
Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at
my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use
them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to!
It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for
some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat"
Have you ever tried them?

Squash blossoms , lightly battered and deep fried .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 15-06-2018, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 6:25:48 PM UTC-4, Maya74 wrote:
Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at
my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use
them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to!
It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for
some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat"
Have you ever tried them?

--
Maya74

I haven't cooked with flowers, but I once made a batch of mead flavored with the petals of white roses. It turned out very well.

Paul
Old 15-06-2018, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Maya74 wrote:

Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at
my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use
them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to!
It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for
some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat"
Have you ever tried them?

Chive flowers, soft cheese of some sort, bread or cracker.

Nasturtium flowers, same, or just drop in a salad.

Check flowers carefully for passengers.

Old 16-06-2018, 10:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Maya74 wrote:

Hi! How are you friends? Today, when I was cooking a dinner, I looked at
my garden and I saw many beautiful flowers. I thought..what if I use
them in my kitchen? Unfortunately, I haven't tried, but I would love to!
It would be my first time with edible flowers so I am asking you for
some tips or maybe you can tell my what plants are the best to "eat"
Have you ever tried them?

some daylily flowers are edible. tasted a bit like
pepper but otherwise ok.

songbird