GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The harvest begins ... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/215519-harvest-begins.html)

Terry Coombs 28-06-2018 03:26 PM

The harvest begins ...

crossposted ...

Â* The garden is beginning to produce stuff now , just picked a couple
of yaller squarshes , cucumbers are producing nicely , as are all 3
varieties of beans/field peas . Tomato plants are all over the top of
the (five feet tall) cages with the exception of the Roma's . But IIRC
they never did get as big as the slicing varieties . No ripe tomatoes
yet , but all the plants are loaded , plus lots and lots of blossoms too
.. Turns out that one of my Serrano pepper plants is a jalapeno ... not
sure how that happened , those seeds were clearly marked . That's OK
though , I was wishing for some jalapenos for salsa . I also found a
weakness in the Japanese beetles , they like morning sex ... and when
they're coupled it slows them down enough to squash them before they get
away . I think this year I'll harvest enough produce to make it seem
worthwhile ... the wife has been kinda disappointed with the little I've
been getting for all the work involved . I don't think she's going to
feel that way this year ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

[email protected] 28-06-2018 04:59 PM

The harvest begins ...

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:26:12 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

crossposted ...

[...]

Why can't you refer to her as MY wife? Refering to her as THE wife
puts her on the same level as THE dog.... and perhaps not, I'll bet
you say MY dog.
Anyway my garden is finally picking up, finally some rain and a heat
wave is expected. I hope there's enough growing season for the
melons; cantaloupe/watermelon. My wife does most of the vegetable
gardening and I do most all other gardening; flowers, bulbs, trees.
mowing, and brush clearing which is substantial.
Some 7 years ago a disease has killed all the yellow pine around here.
I have a stand of about 100 large yellow pine alongside my back field
that have begun to fall. I don't care about those that fall into the
woods but those that fall into the open field need to be removed so I
can keep that area mowed. I've been sawing some up as firewood as I
can but it's tricky as I don't need a tree to fall on me. More will
fall over winter and soon there won't be any ready to fall where I
need to work. Those trees and other conifers were planted by the last
owner, probably more than fifty years ago. It's a shame they are all
dead but we can't see them from our house, we'll just need to be
patient. I invited my next door neighbor to help himself to the
firewood so he's been removing some too. Meanwhile with the yellow
pine no longer producing shade other saplings are growing, mostly ash
and shagbark hickory... critters are bringing seeds from the other
side of the field, I see squirrels planting the seeds.

Terry Coombs 28-06-2018 05:39 PM

The harvest begins ...

wrote:

[...]

Â* Why do you care ? I've made it very plain how I feel about my wife ,
in about 6 weeks we'll be celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary . Can
you say you've been in a relationship that long ? And it's "our" dog .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Cheri[_2_] 28-06-2018 05:50 PM

The harvest begins ...

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
On 6/28/2018 10:59 AM, wrote:

Why can't you refer to her as MY wife? Refering to her as THE wife
puts her on the same level as THE dog.... and perhaps not, I'll bet
you say MY dog.

 Why do you care ? I've made it very plain how I feel about my wife , in
about 6 weeks we'll be celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary . Can you
say you've been in a relationship that long ? And it's "our" dog .

He's been married a number of times so that should answer your question. :)

Cheri

songbird[_2_] 28-06-2018 06:02 PM

The harvest begins ...

Terry Coombs wrote:
.... I also found a
weakness in the Japanese beetles , they like morning sex ... and when
they're coupled it slows them down enough to squash them before they get
away .

they don't move as fast in the morning when it is
cooler, that's when i go out and scout/pick them off
and instead of squashing them i drop them in a container
of very mild soapy water to drown them. then i take
them and toss them at the end of the driveway for the
birds to eat (hoping to train the birds to recognize
them :)). not sure that is working but something does
eat them.

I think this year I'll harvest enough produce to make it seem
worthwhile ... the wife has been kinda disappointed with the little I've
been getting for all the work involved . I don't think she's going to
feel that way this year ...

it's rare we have a complete bust on all crops. certain
ones may not do as well each year but most do ok. it's my
main form of exercise so i'd be doing it even if we got
nothing from it other than flowers (we used to grow very
little in the way of vegetables).

tomatoes and cucumbers are the main crops we like to
put up. beans i eat as many fresh as i can and then dry
the rest. shellies (some lima beans and a few of the
others) are good too, but i tend to not always have time
for those unless the weather is looking threatening and
there's a lot of pods i want to pick while i'm out there
also getting the dry beans off the plants.

when i've been able to have an edamame crop those are
one we like a lot for shellies.

songbird

Hank Rogers 28-06-2018 10:06 PM

The harvest begins ...

Terry Coombs wrote:
On 6/28/2018 10:59 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:26:12 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

crossposted ...

[...]

i think Popeye is jealous. I bet he doesn't have any wife now, so he's
made himself an imaginary wife.

[email protected] 29-06-2018 01:17 AM

The harvest begins ...

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 11:39:01 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 6/28/2018 10:59 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:26:12 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

crossposted ...

[...]

I really don't give a **** but it irks me when anyone refers to their
spouse as a THE. ai don't care how many years you've been married
but truth is by refering to her as a THE you don't care a fiddler's
**** about her.

Ask your wife how she feels about being a "The". I'll bet you don't
even remember her name. I think it's very sad and very telling when
one refers to their spouse as a THE... it's like refering to one's
spouse as THE trash. I've no idea how old you are but you definitely
need to grow up because you are no kind of man. I don't think you
have a wife, least not a female wife, I think you are a faggot and
live with a male... no way a faggot is a man, at best they are male
but never a man. Faggots typically refer to their SO as a THE.

[email protected] 29-06-2018 01:28 AM

The harvest begins ...

On 6/28/2018 10:59 AM, wrote:

Why can't you refer to her as MY wife? Refering to her as THE wife
puts her on the same level as THE dog.... and perhaps not, I'll bet
you say MY dog.

 Why do you care ? I've made it very plain how I feel about my wife , in
about 6 weeks we'll be celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary . Can you
say you've been in a relationship that long ? And it's "our" dog .

He's been married a number of times so that should answer your question. :)

Cheri

Answers nothing, every woman I've ever been with has a NAME. All you
are saying is that whoever you live with refers to you as as a THE,
same as THE Trash. And from your posts here I believe whoever you
cohabit with knows you are trash. I also believe you are trash.

Hank Rogers 29-06-2018 01:29 AM

The harvest begins ...

wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 11:39:01 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 6/28/2018 10:59 AM,
wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:26:12 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

crossposted ...

[...]

Yoose sure told him, Popeye. I don't know how yoose can detect these
fags so accurately, but yoose sure has an affinity for outing them. Did
yoose brother teach yoose how to do this?

Say hello to yoose wife for me. She sure is blessed to have a real
he-man sailor cook like yoose.

Hank Rogers 29-06-2018 01:40 AM

The harvest begins ...

wrote:

Why can't you refer to her as MY wife? Refering to her as THE wife
puts her on the same level as THE dog.... and perhaps not, I'll bet
you say MY dog.

 Why do you care ? I've made it very plain how I feel about my wife , in
about 6 weeks we'll be celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary . Can you
say you've been in a relationship that long ? And it's "our" dog .

He's been married a number of times so that should answer your question. :)

Cheri

Answers nothing, every woman I've ever been with has a NAME. All you
are saying is that whoever you live with refers to you as as a THE,
same as THE Trash. And from your posts here I believe whoever you
cohabit with knows you are trash. I also believe you are trash.

Dammit Popeye, yoose forgot to call her a *faggot*.

Yoose getting awful forgetful in yoose old age. I hope yoose ain't
getting Alzheimers.

Cheri[_2_] 29-06-2018 02:22 AM

The harvest begins ...

On 6/28/2018 10:59 AM, wrote:

Why can't you refer to her as MY wife? Refering to her as THE wife
puts her on the same level as THE dog.... and perhaps not, I'll bet
you say MY dog.

 Why do you care ? I've made it very plain how I feel about my wife ,
in
about 6 weeks we'll be celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary . Can
you
say you've been in a relationship that long ? And it's "our" dog .

He's been married a number of times so that should answer your question.
:)

Cheri

Answers nothing, every woman I've ever been with has a NAME. All you
are saying is that whoever you live with refers to you as as a THE,
same as THE Trash. And from your posts here I believe whoever you
cohabit with knows you are trash. I also believe you are trash.

Thank you Sheldon, I needed a good laugh. Especially for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IrWhjzAVOo

Cheri

Terry Coombs 29-06-2018 03:01 AM

The harvest begins ...

On 6/28/2018 7:29 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 11:39:01 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 6/28/2018 10:59 AM,
wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:26:12 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

crossposted ...

Â*Â*Â* The garden is beginning to produce stuff now , just picked a
[...]
Why can't you refer to her as MY wife?Â* Refering to her as THE wife
puts her on the same level as THE dog.... and perhaps not, I'll bet
you say MY dog.
Â*Â* Why do you care ? I've made it very plain how I feel about my wife,

I really don't give a **** but it irks me when anyone refers to their
spouse as a THE.Â* ai don't care how many years you'veÂ* been married
but truth is by refering to her asÂ* a THE you don't care a fiddler's
**** about her.

Ask your wife how she feels about being a "The".Â* I'll bet you don't
even remember her name.Â* I think it's very sad and very telling when
one refers to their spouse as a THE... it's like refering to one's
spouse as THE trash.Â* I've no idea how old you are but you definitely
need to grow up because you are no kind of man.Â* I don't think you
have a wife, least not a female wife, I think you are a faggot and
live with a male... no way a faggot is a man, at best they are male
but never a man.Â* Faggots typically refer to their SO as a THE.

Yoose sure told him, Popeye. I don't know how yoose can detect these
fags so accurately, but yoose sure has an affinity for outing them.
Did yoose brother teach yoose how to do this?

Say hello to yoose wife for me. She sure is blessed to have a real
he-man sailor cook like yoose.

Â* I'm wondering where the 3 kids came from , since I'm a faggot living
with a man ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Terry Coombs 29-06-2018 03:02 AM

The harvest begins ...

On 6/28/2018 7:17 PM, wrote:
Faggots typically refer to their SO as a THE.

Â* You'd know .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Hank Rogers 29-06-2018 03:17 AM

The harvest begins ...

wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 11:39:01 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 6/28/2018 10:59 AM,
wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:26:12 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

crossposted ...

[...]

*The* Popeye is one nasty little SOB.

[email protected] 29-06-2018 05:27 PM

The harvest begins ...

wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 11:39:01 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 6/28/2018 10:59 AM,
wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:26:12 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

crossposted ...

[...]

Lots of faggots at some point doubt their faggotness so test out being
married to a woman and even produce children but it doesn;t last too
long before they begin sneaking about with faggots again, they get
caught and the testing is all over... a very common occurance.
I know, my faggot brother married a woman, a very nice woman, produced
one son, whose lives he ****ed up.