Old 04-07-2018, 02:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Good Year for Cabbage

We had a good year for cabbage so we made 32 pounds of sauerkraut yesterday afternoon.

It's been too hot to work in the garden here in the Baltimore area for the last few days, so we work in the early morning, then move back into the airconditioned living room for the afternoon.

Paul
Old 04-07-2018, 03:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Pavel314 wrote:
We had a good year for cabbage so we made 32 pounds of sauerkraut yesterday afternoon.

yum! love kraut. also fresh cabbage, or cooked cabbage.
it's all good... do sheep like those scraps?

It's been too hot to work in the garden here in the Baltimore area for the last few days, so we work in the early morning, then move back into the airconditioned living room for the afternoon.

yeah, i was able to get out for a few hours the other day
in the early morning to finish weeding a garden i started
on last week. then i fed the weeds to the worm farm here
in my room.

my lower back has been really ****y lately so i've been
taking it easy and trying to let it recover a little (and my
arm and knee still need more time before i get back to heavier
projects).

have to go out and water shortly and then the rest of the
day i'll find something else to do.

AC really spoils me for working in the summer. i get a
lot less done now than before. the less i can acclimate
to the heat the less i want to go out and do things in it.
before i'd just sweat and drink a lot of water.

songbird