GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   zukes, old growth question? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/215695-zukes-old-growth-question.html)

T[_4_] 08-09-2018 12:39 AM

zukes, old growth question?

Hi All,

The old growth on my zukes are dying off. Should I cut them
off or just let nature take its course? Will the open
tubes open the plant to infection/bugs?

Many thanks,
-T
Tony Ewell, B.S.E.E.
Owner, Rent-A-Nerd Computer Services
775-265-5150, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm PST/PDT

songbird[_2_] 08-09-2018 02:21 AM

zukes, old growth question?

T wrote:

The old growth on my zukes are dying off. Should I cut them
off or just let nature take its course? Will the open
tubes open the plant to infection/bugs?

it is fairly late in the season, when do your
normal frosts start showing up? in other words
it probably won't matter...

songbird

T[_4_] 08-09-2018 02:51 AM

zukes, old growth question?

On 09/07/2018 06:21 PM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:

The old growth on my zukes are dying off. Should I cut them
off or just let nature take its course? Will the open
tubes open the plant to infection/bugs?

it is fairly late in the season, when do your
normal frosts start showing up? in other words
it probably won't matter...

songbird

October. Less work for me. I pull the whole thing out.