Old 16-01-2019, 03:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default finally some snow in the forecast

today starts off with some ice coating everything,
the trees, rocks and ... all sparkling in the sun
and wind.

still no snow on the ground, but later this week
we finally have some snow coming. i sure hope so -
never really know until it gets here on the ground.
i hate going into this part of winter without some
snow cover.

otherwise, it has been mostly cloudy too often
and not much sun. maybe ten days since September
have had sunshine. it doesn't really bother me
as much as some others.

also starting to try to get out to walk more
often when the weather permits - i need to build up
my endurance now that my achilles tendon has had
some time to heal. i won't be going until later
after the ice melts off the roads.

in the meantime i'm keeping busy enough with
projects and stuff[tm]. i have a book to work
through coming that should keep me busy for
several weeks.

songbird

Old 16-01-2019, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 10:01:49 AM UTC-5, songbird wrote:
[...]

We had our first snow cover of the season last Sunday; only about 2-3 inches but I had to shovel a path to the greenhouse for my wife. They're predicting a deep freeze this weekend, with overnight lows in the single digits, then warming up again next week.

Paul
North of Baltimore, Maryland
Old 16-01-2019, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 1/16/2019 10:26 AM, Pavel314 wrote:
[...]

Northern DE, this is our second but first dissipated rapidly. This
Sunday also required shoveling. That's enough snow for me for the year.
Old 17-01-2019, 12:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Pavel314 wrote:
We had our first snow cover of the season last Sunday; only about 2-3 inches but I had to shovel a path to the greenhouse for my wife. They're predicting a deep freeze this weekend, with overnight lows in the single digits, then warming up again next week.

North of Baltimore, Maryland

they are predicting a freeze to the further south.
hope it doesn't mess up too many gardens.

songbird
Old 17-01-2019, 12:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Frank wrote:
Northern DE, this is our second but first dissipated rapidly. This
Sunday also required shoveling. That's enough snow for me for the year.

i've had to shovel a few times, but nothing
major. this time of the year i welcome the
exercise.

songbird