GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   first flower of spring (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/215988-first-flower-spring.html)

songbird[_2_] 25-03-2019 12:45 PM

first flower of spring

yesterday, a small pale purple crocus. :)

we're getting there...

songbird

Pavel314[_2_] 25-03-2019 02:29 PM

first flower of spring

On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 7:46:01 AM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
yesterday, a small pale purple crocus. :)

we're getting there...

songbird

Our crocus have been out for about a week; yesterday the first daffodil opened.

Paul, North of Baltimore

Drew Lawson[_2_] 26-03-2019 07:23 PM

first flower of spring

In article
Pavel314 writes:
On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 7:46:01 AM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
yesterday, a small pale purple crocus. :)

we're getting there...

songbird

Our crocus have been out for about a week; yesterday the first daffodil opened.

I have a lond snowdrop (not sure where that came from), but the
daffodils are getting really close.

--
Drew Lawson And I know there's more to the story
I know I need to see more

T[_4_] 29-03-2019 05:32 PM

first flower of spring

On 3/25/19 4:45 AM, songbird wrote:
yesterday, a small pale purple crocus. :)

we're getting there...

songbird

Me too. It was a dandelion. This years is going to be fun!

songbird[_2_] 30-03-2019 08:02 PM

first flower of spring

T wrote:
On 3/25/19 4:45 AM, songbird wrote:
yesterday, a small pale purple crocus. :)

we're getting there...

Me too. It was a dandelion. This years is going to be fun!

it will be a while yet before the dandelions come
out. usually i have to get through the maple and other
tree pollen season first.

songbird

T[_4_] 30-03-2019 08:29 PM

first flower of spring

On 3/30/19 12:02 PM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
On 3/25/19 4:45 AM, songbird wrote:
yesterday, a small pale purple crocus. :)

we're getting there...

Me too. It was a dandelion. This years is going to be fun!

it will be a while yet before the dandelions come
out. usually i have to get through the maple and other
tree pollen season first.

songbird

Out here it is the grass pollen. I have been sneezing my ass off
every morning at about 7 am. Turmeric controls it.

Drew Lawson[_2_] 30-03-2019 10:21 PM

first flower of spring

In article
songbird writes:
T wrote:
On 3/25/19 4:45 AM, songbird wrote:
yesterday, a small pale purple crocus. :)

we're getting there...

Me too. It was a dandelion. This years is going to be fun!

it will be a while yet before the dandelions come
out. usually i have to get through the maple and other
tree pollen season first.

Yesterday I spotted the first thistle of spring coming up near the
front year.

I have a feeling this will feel like a long year, but hopefully
some canned beans and pickles will make it worth it.

--
Drew Lawson | I'd like to find your inner child

Drew Lawson[_2_] 30-03-2019 10:24 PM

first flower of spring

In article
lid (Drew Lawson) writes:
front year.

DOOR. No clue how that came out as year.