Old 29-03-2019, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Taters in the ground

Â* I should have had them planted at least 2 weeks ago , but the ground
has been too wet to plow (grin) so I waited . This is my first real
effort to cultivate taters , I planted some reds for new potatoes (and
mature ones too) and some tan ones for long term storage for the winter
.. I also checked out the strawberry patch , there will be berries this
year . I had about a dozen plants that were off the area I want them
confined to , so I dug those up and filled in some thin spots . They
were thin because an oak tree was shading that area - it's firewood now
.. Other trees around the garden have joined it and more will be as I
figure out the shade patterns . We can spare a few of the 12,000 or so
trees we have ... and there are a few around the orchard that need to go
too .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 30-03-2019, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Friday, March 29, 2019 at 1:26:59 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

My wife planted the potatoes a few days ago. Yesterday, she planted seven rhubarb plants in the raised bed that was the strawberry bed for a few years..

Taters ...and garlic Snag Edible Gardening 11 31-10-2013 12:05 AM
green taters Gill Smith United Kingdom 12 05-02-2010 07:58 PM
Diggin taters jerry Gardening 2 22-07-2003 07:22 AM
what happened to mah taters? Charles P Edible Gardening 9 15-07-2003 10:54 AM
My taters are dying:( junkyardcat Gardening 1 03-06-2003 12:56 PM