GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shrub Identification Please! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/216077-shrub-identification-please.html)

Terry Deans 26-04-2019 10:36 AM

Shrub Identification Please!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I wondered if anyone could please identify this beautiful white-flowering shrub? I see a lot of them around my city of Plymouth and have done for years. After 14 years of being a local mobile gardener, it is one of the very few shrubs I have still not been able to identify and anyone who has them has so far been unable to tell me what it is. It looks like a variety of Spirea would be my best guess!

Flowers in early Spring,

Thank you

Terry.

Frank 26-04-2019 12:27 PM

On 4/26/2019 5:36 AM, Terry Deans wrote:
Hi All,

I wondered if anyone could please identify this beautiful
white-flowering shrub? I see a lot of them around my city of Plymouth
and have done for years. After 14 years of being a local mobile
gardener, it is one of the very few shrubs I have still not been able to
identify and anyone who has them has so far been unable to tell me what
it is. It looks like a variety of Spirea would be my best guess!

Flowers in early Spring,

Thank you

Terry.

|Filename: Shrub.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16741|

Maybe one of these:

https://www.thespruce.com/best-shrub...lowers-4153802

Alfred Falk[_2_] 26-04-2019 04:33 PM

Shrub Identification Please!

Terry Deans wrote in
:

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone could please identify this beautiful
white-flowering shrub? I see a lot of them around my city of Plymouth
and have done for years. After 14 years of being a local mobile
gardener, it is one of the very few shrubs I have still not been able
to identify and anyone who has them has so far been unable to tell me
what it is. It looks like a variety of Spirea would be my best guess!

Flowers in early Spring,

Thank you

Terry.

|Filename: Shrub.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16741|

Certainly looks like a Spirea to me, both flower and leaf. There are quite
a few species and many cultivars, and a can't say much beyond that.