GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Earth Nails: History of the Dandelion (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/216152-earth-nails-history-dandelion.html)

T[_4_] 06-06-2019 04:52 PM

Earth Nails: History of the Dandelion

Hi All,

If you have 11 minutes and 38 seconds of your life that you do not
know what to do with, this is a fascinating history of the Dandelion
from the History Guy:

Dandelions and Civilization
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyePMeGE3CI

Death to Earwigs!
Death to Squash Bugs!
Death to Cheatgrass!
Death to Dandelions!

-T

Drew Lawson[_2_] 07-06-2019 02:05 PM

Earth Nails: History of the Dandelion

In article
T writes:

Death to Dandelions!

I kind of like dandelions. But then, I have distain for lawns, so
there may be a connection.

My wife gets stressed about them, so I at least try to pluck the
flowers to keep the plants in stealth mode.

--
In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the
last resort of the scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened

songbird[_2_] 07-06-2019 10:14 PM

Earth Nails: History of the Dandelion

Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
T writes:

Death to Dandelions!

I kind of like dandelions. But then, I have distain for lawns, so
there may be a connection.

*nods*

My wife gets stressed about them, so I at least try to pluck the
flowers to keep the plants in stealth mode.

same with Mom, she hates them. i don't really mind
them since they are not sow-thistle or any of the
other thistles or wild grape vines or honeysuckles or
speedwell or ...

songbird