GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My cherry tomatoes finally started to come ripe (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/216314-my-cherry-tomatoes-finally-started-come-ripe.html)

T[_4_] 24-08-2019 07:21 AM

My cherry tomatoes finally started to come ripe

Yippee!!

https://ibb.co/xhf5Th9

They taste so good your eyes roll in your head!

Now to catch the TTD (Tomato Thieving Bunny). I am
suspicious that she is in league with my wife. Maybe
they one and the same? I gots lots of bait now!

Never managed to catch her last year.

:-)

-T

T[_4_] 24-08-2019 07:28 AM

My cherry tomatoes finally started to come ripe

On 8/23/19 10:21 PM, T wrote:
Â*TTDÂ*(TomatoÂ*ThievingÂ*Bunny)

TTB

Stinking typos

songbird[_2_] 24-08-2019 02:45 PM

T wrote:
Yippee!!

https://ibb.co/xhf5Th9

They taste so good your eyes roll in your head!

Now to catch the TTD (Tomato Thieving Bunny). I am
suspicious that she is in league with my wife. Maybe
they one and the same? I gots lots of bait now!

Never managed to catch her last year.

:-)

i've been eating more tomatoes this past few
months. so far so good. a real BLT is divine!

will have to can tomatoes tonight.

last week i had to pick off a few tomato
worms. like many things they are a bit late
this year. i was thinking we'd avoided them.

picking beans and weeding, the temperatures
have been perfect the past few days and look to
be pretty reasonable the rest of the week.
some rain in the forecast. also been nice to
have regular rains so i don't have to water.

songbird

[email protected] 24-08-2019 07:36 PM

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 22:21:11 -0700, T wrote:

Yippee!!
https://ibb.co/xhf5Th9
They taste so good your eyes roll in your head!
Now to catch the TTD (Tomato Thieving Bunny). I am
suspicious that she is in league with my wife. Maybe
they one and the same? I gots lots of bait now!
Never managed to catch her last year.
:-)
-T

Many years ago, I thought that cherry tomatoes were a dumb idea -
- too small for anything I did wth a tomato sandwich or burger
... somewhere along the line, I started liking them ..
... now I think they're candy ! grab 4 or 5 off the vine
when walking by .. " roll your eyes " Good one !
John T.

songbird[_2_] 24-08-2019 10:07 PM

My cherry tomatoes finally started to come ripe

Many years ago, I thought that cherry tomatoes were a dumb idea -
- too small for anything I did wth a tomato sandwich or burger
.. somewhere along the line, I started liking them ..
.. now I think they're candy ! grab 4 or 5 off the vine
when walking by .. " roll your eyes " Good one !
John T.

about 5 years ago i started getting a rash when i
ate tomatoes so i stopped eating them for a few years.
the past two years i've gradually added them back to
my diet and so far no rashes.

we used to grow a few cherry tomato plants each year
but then we could not keep up with eating them or
giving them away and so when i stopped eating tomatoes
we stopped growing cherry tomatoes.

i used to eat a quart of them when picking - like
you say - like candy. sweet 100s were aptly named.
that was what Mom wanted to grow. she didn't like
some others we'd grown.

one time as an experiment i canned juice from them
alone and found out later that it didn't really have
the flavor i was hoping for. they lack what the
beefsteaks we grow have the right balance of flavor
and they make excellent tomato juice.

now though we mostly just put up chunks. i'm sure
there are other cherry tomatoes that may work out
better but some times i cannot convince Mom to grow
different things and that is ok too as i can work
around it.

i'll be busy tonight putting up chunks as we are
going to go out and pick tomatoes when Mom wakes up
from her nap.

perfect day out there. :)

songbird

Pavel314[_2_] 25-08-2019 03:10 PM

On Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 1:33:44 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 22:21:11 -0700, T wrote:

Yippee!!
https://ibb.co/xhf5Th9
They taste so good your eyes roll in your head!
Now to catch the TTD (Tomato Thieving Bunny). I am
suspicious that she is in league with my wife. Maybe
they one and the same? I gots lots of bait now!
Never managed to catch her last year.
:-)
-T

Many years ago, I thought that cherry tomatoes were a dumb idea -
- too small for anything I did wth a tomato sandwich or burger
.. somewhere along the line, I started liking them ..
.. now I think they're candy ! grab 4 or 5 off the vine
when walking by .. " roll your eyes " Good one !
John T.

My wife splits cherry tomatoes and puts them on top of pizza. Very tasty but they stay hot a lot longer than the rest of the pizza.

Paul