Old 25-08-2019, 08:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Buttercup Squash

Songbird,

Thanks for recommending buttercup squash last winter. I planted a few this spring and we just had the first one for dinner last night. Very good, the best squash we've had so far. It has a texture like custard, unlike some winter squash which are very fibrous. Dark orange flesh and great flavor.

We also planted Tokyo Blue, which we've never had before. Apparently they have a blue squash festival in Japan when these ripen. I'll post a review when we try some.

Paul

Old 26-08-2019, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Pavel314 wrote:
Songbird,

Thanks for recommending buttercup squash last winter. I planted a few this spring and we just had the first one for dinner last night. Very good, the best squash we've had so far. It has a texture like custard, unlike some winter squash which are very fibrous. Dark orange flesh and great flavor.

y.w.! glad you liked them. we also grow some kabocha like
squashes which have crossed with the buttercup, both hold up ok
to the squash bugs/borers. that's why we grow them.

We also planted Tokyo Blue, which we've never had before. Apparently they have a blue squash festival in Japan when these ripen. I'll post a review when we try some.

we like squash, so hope to hear it is a good one.

cheers, back to getting the tomatoes done we picked today...

songbird

Buttercup Clovers YMC[_2_] Australia 0 13-06-2008 07:01 AM
Who is the "BUTTERCUP" in your garden of flowers or bouquet of flowers? or do you prefer roses or Buttercup Gardening 0 17-06-2007 03:09 PM
Daisy, Buttercup, Dettles and Doc. Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk United Kingdom 28 17-05-2005 11:00 PM
Creeping Buttercup Brian Walker United Kingdom 3 26-04-2003 02:09 PM