Old 09-09-2019, 01:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Just some garden talk

On 9/8/2019 10:26 PM, T wrote:
On 9/3/19 7:28 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 9/3/2019 7:22 PM, T wrote:
On 9/3/19 5:11 PM, T wrote:
OnÂ*theÂ*CaliforniaÂ*(Anaheim)Â*pepperÂ*front,Â*la stÂ*yearÂ*aÂ*got
aboutÂ*ten.Â*Â*MaxÂ*wasÂ*aboutÂ*threeÂ*inches.Â*Â* ThisÂ*year,Â*IÂ*have
aÂ*bumperÂ*crop.Â*Â*AndÂ*bigÂ*onesÂ*too!

You should taste the scrambled eggs I make with these
peppers too!

Â*Â* Try those Anaheims stuffed with either cheese or meat/rice ,
battered and fried . Look up "chili rellenos" for some ideas - the
beaten egg white coatings suck IMO , I prefer a cornmeal/flour/egg
batter .

Not to ask to stupid a question, but how do you keep the
cheese from melting/draining out of the chili?

Â* Now that I do not know . I've always stuffed them with a meat mixture
since my wife is lactose intolerant .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 10-09-2019, 02:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/9/19 4:48 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I've always stuffed them with a meat mixture
sinceÂ*myÂ*wifeÂ*isÂ*lactoseÂ*intolerantÂ*.

I could always try a toothpick.

Both of us are too. We can eat the "old" cheeses as the buggers
have already eaten up all the lactose. Sometimes folks
that think they are lactose intolerant are not digesting the
long chain fats in cows cheese causing a profound antisocial
response. They can eat goat cheese without a problem. Your
mileage may vary.

I would be bereft without my cheese.