GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pumpkin Longevity (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/216733-pumpkin-longevity.html)

Pavel314[_2_] 19-02-2020 09:40 PM

Pumpkin Longevity

We harvested our pumpkins about five months ago and stored them in our unheated garage on a shelf. All varieties have gone bad except the three remaining Yuxi Jiang, which are still firm and edible. The rest are going to the sheep. If you want some long keepers, try these.

Paul

songbird[_2_] 24-02-2020 12:02 PM

Pumpkin Longevity

Pavel314 wrote:
We harvested our pumpkins about five months ago and stored them in our unheated garage on a shelf. All varieties have gone bad except the three remaining Yuxi Jiang, which are still firm and edible. The rest are going to the sheep. If you want some long keepers, try these.

thanks! i put them down on my list to look for seeds, but
yesterday was so busy at the seed swap that i barely was able
to get a few things done before and after that i couldn't
do during.

i did find some Burgess Buttercup and some Baby Hubbard
squash i traded for.

songbird