GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   *tart* strawberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/21684-%2Atart%2A-strawberries.html)

[email protected] 10-05-2003 05:32 PM

*tart* strawberries

Is it normal for first year strawberries to look good but takes sooooo tart?
Yes, I know you should pick off the fruit the first year, but I am an
impatient gardener.
Any tips on feeding? They are in a raised box bed with exquisite soil I
made just for them.
Roz
az usa

FarmerDill 10-05-2003 08:32 PM

*tart* strawberries

Tartness/sweetness is more a function of variety than anything else. A sun
ripened berry will have more sweetness that one ripened in shade,, but the
shade tends toward blandness not tartness,