Old 22-06-2020, 08:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Eating rosemary?

Hi All,

My rosemary bush does not produce those nice rosemary
stems you get in the grocery store. But instead,
nasty tasting, bark like leaves.

Is there a special type of rosemary plant your for eating/cooking? I
think I may have planted an
ornamental bush.

Am I missing something?

-T
Old 22-06-2020, 01:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:
Hi All,

My rosemary bush does not produce those nice rosemary
stems you get in the grocery store. But instead,
nasty tasting, bark like leaves.

Is there a special type of rosemary plant your for eating/cooking? I
think I may have planted an
ornamental bush.

Am I missing something?

where is it located? like is it in a very
hot location next to a wall that reflects heat
and light or does it get any shade or ?

i'm not all that familiar with growing it but
perhaps others can be helped by you providing
more details.

songbird
Old 22-06-2020, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 08:02:57 -0400, songbird
wrote:

T wrote:
Hi All,

My rosemary bush does not produce those nice rosemary
stems you get in the grocery store. But instead,
nasty tasting, bark like leaves.

Is there a special type of rosemary plant your for eating/cooking? I
think I may have planted an
ornamental bush.

Am I missing something?

where is it located? like is it in a very
hot location next to a wall that reflects heat
and light or does it get any shade or ?

i'm not all that familiar with growing it but
perhaps others can be helped by you providing
more details.

songbird

There are a LOT of rosemary varieties out there. Some have very stiff
branching, and other have moderate to soft branching. The latter is
what I prefer to grow for culinary use.
Old 22-06-2020, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 2020-06-22 05:02, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Hi All,

My rosemary bush does not produce those nice rosemary
stems you get in the grocery store. But instead,
nasty tasting, bark like leaves.

Is there a special type of rosemary plant your for eating/cooking? I
think I may have planted an
ornamental bush.

Am I missing something?

where is it located? like is it in a very
hot location next to a wall that reflects heat
and light or does it get any shade or ?

i'm not all that familiar with growing it but
perhaps others can be helped by you providing
more details.

songbird

it is out in the open next to my garlic patch
Old 22-06-2020, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

T wrote:
Hi All,

My rosemary bush does not produce those nice rosemary
stems you get in the grocery store. But instead,
nasty tasting, bark like leaves.

Is there a special type of rosemary plant your for eating/cooking? I
think I may have planted an
ornamental bush.

Am I missing something?

where is it located? like is it in a very
hot location next to a wall that reflects heat
and light or does it get any shade or ?

i'm not all that familiar with growing it but
perhaps others can be helped by you providing
more details.

songbird

There are a LOT of rosemary varieties out there. Some have very stiff
branching, and other have moderate to soft branching. The latter is
what I prefer to grow for culinary use.

Got a name to order?

Old 27-06-2020, 06:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

T wrote:
Hi All,

My rosemary bush does not produce those nice rosemary
stems you get in the grocery store. But instead,
nasty tasting, bark like leaves.

Is there a special type of rosemary plant your for eating/cooking? I
think I may have planted an
ornamental bush.

Am I missing something?

where is it located? like is it in a very
hot location next to a wall that reflects heat
and light or does it get any shade or ?

i'm not all that familiar with growing it but
perhaps others can be helped by you providing
more details.

songbird

There are a LOT of rosemary varieties out there. Some have very stiff
branching, and other have moderate to soft branching. The latter is
what I prefer to grow for culinary use.

Got a name to order?

I find wandering the suburb and testing what I see on my travels gives me a
much better idea of what I want. When I see what I want my next trip is
with a pair of secateurs and a door knock to take a cutting. I haven't been
refused yet

Mike

Old 27-06-2020, 07:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
I find wandering the suburb and testing what I see on my travels gives me a
much better idea of what I want. When I see what I want my next trip is
with a pair of secateurs and a door knock to take a cutting. I haven't been
refused yet

usually gardeners are pretty giving people and love
to talk about their gardens.

songbird

Rosemary problem CP Texas 4 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Ailing Rosemary Officianis RichardS United Kingdom 13 26-03-2003 11:08 AM
[IBC] Rosemary Claudio Fierro Bonsai 11 21-03-2003 02:56 PM
Rosemary mold/mildew? Jack Curry Edible Gardening 5 12-03-2003 03:56 PM
Planting new rosemary bush/shrub Anita Blanchard Gardening 1 04-02-2003 09:16 PM