Old 08-08-2020, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default pepper seeds question

Hi All,

I wanted t collect seeds from my Anaheim (California)
peppers this year.

Questions:

1) Do I need to wait till the peppers get red on
the vine before harvesting? Or is a touch or
red okay to pick and harvest the seeds?

2) I was planning on leaving the seeds on a paper
plate to thoroughly dry out, them placing them
in a plastic zip lock bag. Will that work?

Many thanks,
-T
Old 08-08-2020, 01:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted t collect seeds from my Anaheim (California)
peppers this year.

Questions:

1) Do I need to wait till the peppers get red on
the vine before harvesting? Or is a touch or
red okay to pick and harvest the seeds?

when outside is wrinkled.

remove seeds and put them on paper to dry, not
in the sun, stir once in a while to make sure they
all get completely dry. it may take a while to be
sure.

2) I was planning on leaving the seeds on a paper
plate to thoroughly dry out, them placing them
in a plastic zip lock bag. Will that work?

they have to be completely dry before putting them
into plastic. store in the fridge in a well sealed
container. when taking them out to plant remove them
from the fridge and let them come up to room temperature
before opening the container. or if you only want a
few open the container quickly, remove the seeds you
want and put the top back on and put them immediately
back into the fridge.

songbird
Old 09-08-2020, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 2020-08-08 04:40, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
[...]

Thank you! Wrinkled it is!