GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Frost Warnings Tonight (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/217234-frost-warnings-tonight.html)

Pavel314[_2_] 22-09-2020 03:17 AM

Frost Warnings Tonight

We've had a little cold snap here in Maryland, just northeast of Baltimore. Daytime highs in the mid-60's, overnight lows in the mid-40's. Tonight they're predicting a low of 40 with frost warnings. I turned the furnace on this evening.

Paul

songbird[_2_] 22-09-2020 12:36 PM

Frost Warnings Tonight

Pavel314 wrote:
We've had a little cold snap here in Maryland, just northeast of Baltimore. Daytime highs in the mid-60's, overnight lows in the mid-40's. Tonight they're predicting a low of 40 with frost warnings. I turned the furnace on this evening.

i'm not ready to be cold! :)

i was hoping the frost hadn't taken out the climbing beans
on the fence, but now a few days later they're all yellow too
so they were affected but didn't show it as quickly.

we've had the heat on a few times already.

songbird

Frank 22-09-2020 06:38 PM

Frost Warnings Tonight

On 9/21/2020 10:17 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
We've had a little cold snap here in Maryland, just northeast of Baltimore. Daytime highs in the mid-60's, overnight lows in the mid-40's. Tonight they're predicting a low of 40 with frost warnings. I turned the furnace on this evening.

Paul

Northern Delaware, not far from you, no frost yet but I had to bring in
potted plumeria as leaves were folding and rapidly dropping off.

Chilly in house and we had kept furnace off until furnace guy showed up
this morning to check it and AC out. Now it is on.