GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   another muclh question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/217264-another-muclh-question.html)

Ralph Mowery 14-10-2020 12:50 AM

another muclh question

This year I had a bunch of pine needles and put them around my tomato
plants. Probalby several inches thick as I had a large pine removed and
needed to do something with the needles.

Can I use my tiler to grind them into the soil or should I try and rake
them out. There is a lot of grass growing around them now from when I
pulled up the tomato plants and their cages so I would not be able to
save them for next year.

songbird[_2_] 14-10-2020 06:02 PM

another muclh question

Ralph Mowery wrote:

This year I had a bunch of pine needles and put them around my tomato
plants. Probalby several inches thick as I had a large pine removed and
needed to do something with the needles.

Can I use my tiler to grind them into the soil or should I try and rake
them out. There is a lot of grass growing around them now from when I
pulled up the tomato plants and their cages so I would not be able to
save them for next year.

i'd mix 'em in. you sure don't want the grass to
grow all winter and be a bigger mess in the spring.

we have some annual grass that can grow and flower
and set seeds really quickly so any time if i don't
get it removed right away it's a bigger mess later.
i can go out in December and find grass with seeds.

songbird