GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato plant diagnosis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/217504-tomato-plant-diagnosis.html)

squidfest 12-05-2021 08:48 PM

Tomato plant diagnosis

2 Attachment(s)
Hi
My tomato plant seedlings (photos attached) have gone from good and healthy to developing muddy brown coloured leaves. I am pretty sure it's not over watering. I have other plants that were started at the same time and kept in same environment and are good and healthy. It would be good to have some kind of answer so hoping all of you knowledge and expertise can help.
Thank you all

[email protected] 12-05-2021 09:38 PM

Tomato plant diagnosis

On Wed, 12 May 2021 20:48:39 +0100, squidfest
wrote:

Hi
My tomato plant seedlings (photos attached) have gone from good and
healthy to developing muddy brown coloured leaves. I am pretty sure it's
not over watering. I have other plants that were started at the same
time and kept in same environment and are good and healthy. It would be
good to have some kind of answer so hoping all of you knowledge and
expertise can help.
Thank you all

|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0000.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16893|
|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0001.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16894|

Sunscald ? just an uneducated guess

https://backgarden.org/tomato-sunscald/

John T.

squidfest 14-05-2021 03:13 PM

Diagnosis

Hi John
Many thanks for your reply. I wish it were the sun. We haven't really had any yet this year. I'm in the cold and grey southwest UK.

badgolferman 15-05-2021 03:56 AM

Tomato plant diagnosis

squidfest wrote:

I wish it were the sun.
We haven't really had any yet this year.

Maybe the pH?

nuttle 04-06-2021 02:02 AM

Tomato plant diagnosis

On 5/14/2021 10:56 PM, badgolferman wrote:

Maybe the pH?

Or the acidity of the soil?

Pavel314[_2_] 04-06-2021 02:44 AM

Tomato plant diagnosis

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 4:30:39 PM UTC-4, squidfest wrote:
Hi
My tomato plant seedlings (photos attached) have gone from good and
healthy to developing muddy brown coloured leaves. I am pretty sure it's
not over watering. I have other plants that were started at the same
time and kept in same environment and are good and healthy. It would be
good to have some kind of answer so hoping all of you knowledge and
expertise can help.
Thank you all

|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0000.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16893|
|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0001.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16894|

squidfest

Try giving them some magnesium sulphate, Epsom Salts. That usually perks up tomatoes.

Paul

Boron Elgar 04-06-2021 12:36 PM

Tomato plant diagnosis

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:44:12 -0700 (PDT), Pavel314
wrote:

[...]

I put some Epsom salts into all my flower or veggie plantings in the
spring.I think it makes a diff.