Old 12-05-2021, 08:48 PM
Registered User

Question Tomato plant diagnosis

Hi
My tomato plant seedlings (photos attached) have gone from good and healthy to developing muddy brown coloured leaves. I am pretty sure it's not over watering. I have other plants that were started at the same time and kept in same environment and are good and healthy. It would be good to have some kind of answer so hoping all of you knowledge and expertise can help.
Thank you all
Attached Thumbnails
Tomato plant diagnosis-img-20210511-wa0000.jpg   Tomato plant diagnosis-img-20210511-wa0001.jpg
Old 12-05-2021, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Tomato plant diagnosis

On Wed, 12 May 2021 20:48:39 +0100, squidfest
wrote:

Hi
My tomato plant seedlings (photos attached) have gone from good and
healthy to developing muddy brown coloured leaves. I am pretty sure it's
not over watering. I have other plants that were started at the same
time and kept in same environment and are good and healthy. It would be
good to have some kind of answer so hoping all of you knowledge and
expertise can help.
Thank you all

|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0000.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16893|
|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0001.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16894|

Sunscald ? just an uneducated guess

https://backgarden.org/tomato-sunscald/

John T.

Old 14-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Registered User

Default Diagnosis

Hi John
Many thanks for your reply. I wish it were the sun. We haven't really had any yet this year. I'm in the cold and grey southwest UK.
Old 15-05-2021, 03:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

squidfest wrote:

I wish it were the sun.
We haven't really had any yet this year.

Maybe the pH?
Old 04-06-2021, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 5/14/2021 10:56 PM, badgolferman wrote:

Maybe the pH?

Or the acidity of the soil?

Old 04-06-2021, 02:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 4:30:39 PM UTC-4, squidfest wrote:
Hi
My tomato plant seedlings (photos attached) have gone from good and
healthy to developing muddy brown coloured leaves. I am pretty sure it's
not over watering. I have other plants that were started at the same
time and kept in same environment and are good and healthy. It would be
good to have some kind of answer so hoping all of you knowledge and
expertise can help.
Thank you all

|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0000.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16893|
|Filename: IMG-20210511-WA0001.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16894|

squidfest

Try giving them some magnesium sulphate, Epsom Salts. That usually perks up tomatoes.

Paul
Old 04-06-2021, 12:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:44:12 -0700 (PDT), Pavel314
wrote:

[...]

I put some Epsom salts into all my flower or veggie plantings in the
spring.I think it makes a diff.