Old 02-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Glenna Rose

Default Re(2): Requesting recommendations on where to get good potato sets

writes:
Since you don't have feed and seed stores close, you could try 'Irish
Eyes, with
a Hint of Garlic"
www.irish-eyes.com

susan

Minteeleaf wrote:

The header says it all; input is welcome.

Minteeleaf

Thank you, Minteelear, for asking.

.... and a BIG thank you to Susan for answering. I had tried to find their
website last year but apparently typed in wrong in the searches, etc. I
knew they were near Ellensburg and nearly stopped there two weeks ago when
I drove through Ellensburg on a rather hurried and stressful trip.

Recommendation for them: They are excellent! I purchased seed potatoes
from them in 2000 and am still enjoying the fruits of those harvests. I
also learned to only plant potatoes where I want them forever after (or
learn to make myself able to pull them up) because it's impossible to get
every little bitty 'tater out of the ground.

Another thing that was a positive ordering from them is how very helpful
they were when I called them. Like so many gardeners, they are very free
with answering questions and offering suggestions.

Until I went to their website three years ago, I had no idea there were so
many varieties of potatoes. I printed the pages of potatoes only, bound
them in a book and took them to work and showed my boss. He was amazed; he
had been a potato farmer in eastern Washington in the fifties and early
sixties and had no idea.

Thank you again.

Glenna

Old 05-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Jo

"Minteeleaf" wrote :
The header says it all; input is welcome.

Minteeleaf

Well, actually the header doesn't say it all. Like what country are you
from? Potato sets (and seed potatoes) are really hard to get over borders
at times, so we need to know where you are to reply.

Old 09-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Minteeleaf

Jo wrote:

"Minteeleaf" wrote :
The header says it all; input is welcome.

Minteeleaf

Well, actually the header doesn't say it all. Like what country are you
from? Potato sets (and seed potatoes) are really hard to get over borders
at times, so we need to know where you are to reply.

My question was answered weeks ago, thanks for your reply.
The potatoes are growing well.

Minteeleaf