Old 15-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Jon Shemitz

Default Hardening off in windy weather?

The biggest of my tomato starts have been ready for hardening off for
a week or so, but the weather has been so windy that I've been
reluctant to start the hardening off. Today the winds are a BIT
gentler, and the seedlings are getting leggy, so I put them out. After
only about half an hour, they were all blown over and tangled
together.

I brought them back in and no harm seems to have been done, but does
anyone have any tips for hardening off in windy weather?

--

programming and writing http://www.midnightbeach.com
homeschool resources http://www.midnightbeach.com/hs

Hardening off in this weather Broadback[_3_] United Kingdom 2 26-01-2015 07:45 PM
Snake Bark Maple - damaged in windy weather‏ Simon_Ash United Kingdom 5 06-08-2010 02:57 PM
Snake Bark Maple - damaged in windy weather‏ Simon_Ash United Kingdom 0 23-07-2010 08:11 PM
Hardening off Neale United Kingdom 1 23-05-2003 10:32 AM
Hardening off JimM United Kingdom 6 02-05-2003 08:20 AM