GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strawberries part II (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/22891-strawberries-part-ii.html)

Dave&Dana Gaunky 17-05-2003 04:08 AM

Strawberries part II

Well we've decided to try strawberries again. The last batch was doing good
even with the spider mites. Then about 2 weeks after the spider mites
dissappeared the plant wilted and died. Any thing i should add or tips on
growing strawberries??

Dave

Dwayne 18-05-2003 03:56 AM

Strawberries part II

Did you do a pH on the soil? Strawberries like it a little acidic. Over or
under watering will kill them. I plant mine on a raised bed so extra water
will run off. I mulch them with pine needles. They help with the pH, keeps
the moisture in, and I hope will discourage slugs from trying to eat my
crop. They like full sun, but I doubt that too little sun would produce the
results you have experienced. Other than that I cant help you.

Dwayne

.com...