GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Loganberry question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/22919-loganberry-question.html)

Q852913745 17-05-2003 12:08 PM

Loganberry question

Hello, I planted a Loganberry plant a couple of years ago which
is now doing really well.
I have just noticed a few new stems from the ground that have no
flowers (just leaves), do these need removing or are they part of
next years growth.
Any advice would be appreciated.
TIA

Ken Saunders 17-05-2003 08:32 PM

Loganberry question

ojunk (Q852913745) wrote in message ...
Hello, I planted a Loganberry plant a couple of years ago which
is now doing really well.
I have just noticed a few new stems from the ground that have no
flowers (just leaves), do these need removing or are they part of
next years growth.
Any advice would be appreciated.
TIA

They are next years fruiting stems.At the end of this season clip
off this years old stems and tie in fresh green growth.Same for
Blackberry...Regards Ken

Q852913745 18-05-2003 11:56 AM

Loganberry question

Hello, I planted a Loganberry plant a couple of years ago which
is now doing really well.
I have just noticed a few new stems from the ground that have no
flowers (just leaves), do these need removing or are they part of
next years growth.

They are next years fruiting stems.At the end of this season clip
off this years old stems and tie in fresh green growth.Same for
Blackberry...Regards Ken

Thanks Ken that's great.