GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cloning indoor herbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/28003-cloning-indoor-herbs.html)

maldrich 21-05-2003 07:32 PM

cloning indoor herbs

Hi,
I am totally new to this. I am growing basil, cilantro, dill and
parsley indoors, under a flo. light. My question is, can I clone these
herbs for growth in an outdoor garden? If so, how?
TIA!

maldrich 23-05-2003 06:56 PM

cloning indoor herbs

Bueller?

Frogleg 24-05-2003 04:44 PM

cloning indoor herbs

On 21 May 2003 11:29:36 -0700, (maldrich)
wrote:

I am totally new to this. I am growing basil, cilantro, dill and
parsley indoors, under a flo. light. My question is, can I clone these
herbs for growth in an outdoor garden? If so, how?

Clone? You can grow all of those from seed. I've started a basil plant
from a cutting. I wouldn't know what to cut for dill, cilantro, or
parsley.

Mark 24-05-2003 06:20 PM

cloning indoor herbs

(maldrich) wrote in message . com...
Bueller?

I have always grown herbs from seed, but I don't see any reason not to
try cloning them. I have just tried to do it with a sage plant: I
just pulled off a cluster of four leaves and stuck it into a glass of
water. I'm sure you could try any number of variations on this theme.
Wet paper towels, moist potting soil, etc. Just give it a try...and
let us know how it works.

Mark