Old 22-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Barbara Beardsley

Default nightime temp charts?

I know there are sites that list the last/first frost dates for your area,
but considering our errattic weather this season, is there a site that lists
the minimum nightime temps for a variety of veggies?
Thanks

Barbara

Old 22-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Pat Meadows

On Thu, 22 May 2003 10:25:03 -0400, "Barbara Beardsley"
wrote:

I know there are sites that list the last/first frost dates for your area,
but considering our errattic weather this season, is there a site that lists
the minimum nightime temps for a variety of veggies?
Thanks

There's some info on it he

http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/recomm...ransplant.html

You can find more info via Google. Type this into the
search box (note the punctuation - type it exactly like
this):

"minimum temperature" + vegetables

A lot of the results will be of the first frost/last frost
type, but some should be useful.

From personal experience, I can tell you that lettuce and
Swiss chard can both survive 15 F temperatures.

Eliot Coleman's book 'Four Season Harvest' probably has this
type of info too.

Pat

Old 22-05-2003, 09:32 PM
DigitalVinyl

"Barbara Beardsley" wrote:

I know there are sites that list the last/first frost dates for your area,
but considering our errattic weather this season, is there a site that lists
the minimum nightime temps for a variety of veggies?
Thanks

Barbara

www.weather.com

put in your zip and there will be a tab below the current radar with
the 10 day forecast. Average/records-- you can select the month and it
will show records & averages. Course its only as accurate as the
nearest weather reporting location.
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

Reading Stock Charts in Swing Trading elizabethcadman Marketplace 0 29-06-2011 08:07 PM
Pesticide/fungicide lookup charts [email protected] United Kingdom 3 16-08-2008 12:45 PM
RHS Colour charts Charlie Pridham United Kingdom 16 20-06-2006 07:38 PM
charts? *muffin* Ponds 4 22-09-2005 03:31 PM
charts??? *muffin* Ponds 6 25-07-2003 02:02 PM