GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   potatoes! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/29204-potatoes.html)

Zphysics1 27-05-2003 05:56 AM

potatoes!

Aha. Harvested potatoes this weekend -- cranberry, yukon gold, peruvian purple,
and red sonja (?). Fist =size potatoes as well as the baby potatoes . Served
the latter today with Copper River salmon, buttered fava beans and fresh
tomatoes ( all from my small garden -- except the salmon

Jan Flora 27-05-2003 11:20 PM

potatoes!

In article ,
(Zphysics1) wrote:

Aha. Harvested potatoes this weekend -- cranberry, yukon gold, peruvian

purple,
and red sonja (?). Fist =size potatoes as well as the baby potatoes . Served
the latter today with Copper River salmon, buttered fava beans and fresh
tomatoes ( all from my small garden -- except the salmon

Copper River reds are the best salmon in Alaska, IMO. (I live in Alaska and
can taste the difference between a king, a red, a pink and a silver.)

A red on the BBQ is teriffic, if you've never tried it. Lay the fish on a
big piece
of tin foil, put onion slices in it, some lemon pepper, some garlic
powder, wrap it
up loosely with a folded-over seam at the top and Q it for awhile. It's
done when
the meat flakes with a fork. Yummm!

Congratulations on a most excellent meal : )

I have to get out there and plant my Yukon Golds today!

Jan