GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fruit trees vs acid soil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/29464-fruit-trees-vs-acid-soil.html)

simy1 29-05-2003 05:21 AM

Fruit trees vs acid soil

By now I have enough experience to know that pH affects not just the
health of a plant but also the flavor of the fruits. Which fruit trees
will do best in acid soil (5.0-5.5 zone 5.5 to 6)? I am asking about
trees not bushes, I can already see that my raspberries and
blueberries do very well, and I am asking about both health and the
flavor...

ROBERT O'REILLY 03-06-2003 08:56 PM

Fruit trees vs acid soil

(simy1) wrote in message . com...
By now I have enough experience to know that pH affects not just the
health of a plant but also the flavor of the fruits. Which fruit trees
will do best in acid soil (5.0-5.5 zone 5.5 to 6)? I am asking about
trees not bushes, I can already see that my raspberries and
blueberries do very well, and I am asking about both health and the
flavor...

one i know of is mayhaw. it makes excellent jelly and wine. not sure
if it will grow in zone 5 though.