GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Edibility of Parietaria judaica (pellitory) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/32183-edibility-parietaria-judaica-pellitory.html)

Richard Wright 15-06-2003 11:32 PM

Edibility of Parietaria judaica (pellitory)

Parietaria judaica (pellitory) is about the only thing growing
vigorously (as a weed) in my winter garden.

Sturtevant's Notes on Edible Plants mentions that Parietaria
officinalis was eaten in classical times. I can't find any followups
to this, apart from stuff in "natural magick" web pages and its
reported use as a deodorant for cats (armpits?).

My question is can I safely eat Parietaria judaica?