Old 18-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Fish Emulsion and Osmocote

For some reason, I could not reply to Playrite1 about what fish emulsion is
and where to get it. Anyway, I'm going to reply here instead.

Fish emulsion is an organic (all natural) way to feed plants both through
the leaves and the roots. It is used primarily to boost plants and it
really helps bring back stressed plants. I also use it for transplanting
and monthly feeding in conjunction with a slow release fertilizer. In
flower pots, I use Osmocote 14-14-14, but in my veggie gardens, I use Plant
or Garden Tone (another organic mixture with bone meal, blood meal,
cottonseed meal, etc.). Fish emulsion will not burn the plants like a
chemical fertilizer might. It is a liquid sold in bottles in Home Depot or
Lowe's or any good garden center. It is made of ground fish and looks sort
of like sludge (stinky). It is well worth the initial smell because it does
such a great job. You can also find Osmocote in Home Depot or Lowe's. Just
read the directions and follow the recommended amounts.

Hope this answers your questions.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina

Fish Emulsion as a fertilizer and black spot readies Al[_2_] Roses 1 11-03-2007 11:32 PM
Is it ok to mix BT, Rotenone, and fish emulsion in the same sprayer? kenny Edible Gardening 3 29-05-2004 08:03 PM
Fish Emulsion. Huskies4all Roses 5 24-03-2003 04:56 AM
OT Raleigh/Durham Shopping! fish emulsion Shiva Roses 2 04-03-2003 04:39 PM
fish emulsion Susan H. Simko Roses 3 22-02-2003 05:03 AM