GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   babba raspberry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/3404-babba-raspberry.html)

Alan 03-03-2003 02:15 AM

babba raspberry

Anyone know of a good source for the Babba Raspberry plants? I've found one
source, but they are wanting $9.00 for each plant...........

Repeating Decimal 03-03-2003 07:52 AM

babba raspberry

in article , Alan at
wrote on 3/1/03 6:10 PM:

Anyone know of a good source for the Babba Raspberry plants? I've found one
source, but they are wanting $9.00 for each plant...........

That is what plant patents do. A breeder certainly should be rewarded for
their work.

My big problem with Baba berries is that they keep dying on me. Other
varieties are not as much trouble. I think that variety, however, is as good
as raspberries get.

Does anyone on this group know how plant patents differ from invention
patents? I tried searching that some time ago but did not get good results.
How long does a plant patent last?

Bill

[email protected] 04-03-2003 12:28 AM

babba raspberry

The baba berries I planted died, too.
Roz
az usa

Repeating Decimal 04-03-2003 06:04 AM

babba raspberry

in article , at
wrote on 3/3/03 4:21 PM:

The baba berries I planted died, too.
Roz
az usa

That makes for repeat sales. If I ever get them going well, I will propagate
them to make up for what I lost over the years.

Bill

Repeating Decimal 05-03-2003 06:17 AM

babba raspberry

in article , Alan at
wrote on 3/3/03 4:13 PM:

Where are you buying your plants? I still need sources...............thanks

I got the latest ones at Home Depot. Don't expect much expertise there.

The previous ones were at a local outlet of Armstrong Nurseries. They were
more helpful. There are very few mom & pop nurseries around here now.

Bill