Old 29-06-2003, 06:56 AM
David

Default problem with ducks, geese & coons

I have a problem with geese and ducks crapping all over my lot. I live on a
small lake and crapp is everywhere. I would appreciate any suggestions you
may have that would help me get rid of them sitting/roosting on my lot. Is
there something that I could spray on the ground to get rid of them?

I also have trouble with coons getting into my boat house on the walkway and
scattering mussel shells after breaking them open, and also shitting on the
walkway inside the boathouse. I'm fed up with picking up their crap. Any
suggestions how I can solve that problem too?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Old 29-06-2003, 07:25 AM
Charles P

"David" wrote in message

I have a problem with geese and ducks crapping all over my lot. I live on

small lake and crapp is everywhere. I would appreciate any suggestions

you
may have that would help me get rid of them sitting/roosting on my lot.

If you're in a rural area, a 12 guage shotgun will do nicely. Otherwise,
you'll have to try to get your state's fish and wildlife service to remove
them. They do this sometimes in urban areas, herd the big birds into
pens and relocate them.

Is there something that I could spray on the
ground to get rid of them?

Aside from lead shot, I don't know of anything.

I also have trouble with coons getting into my boat house on the walkway

and
scattering mussel shells after breaking them open, and also shitting on the
walkway inside the boathouse. I'm fed up with picking up their crap. Any
suggestions how I can solve that problem too?

Well, we're using the Havahart traps and relocating them. But...
us gardeners don't mind a bit of crap at all, it's seeing our plants
destroyed
that gets us "fed up." If I had no garden, I'd enjoy the critters and
simply
get a pressure washer, and from time to time, clean the walkways.

Old 29-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Pam Rudd

When last we left our heros, on Sun, 29 Jun 2003 04:49:46 GMT,
"David" scribbled:

I have a problem with geese and ducks crapping all over my lot. I live on a
small lake and crapp is everywhere. I would appreciate any suggestions you
may have that would help me get rid of them sitting/roosting on my lot. Is
there something that I could spray on the ground to get rid of them?

Get a dawg.

Not some sissy city dawg, but a Genuwine Kuntry Dawg (tm),
one that knows coons are to be barked at and chased, not
engaged in battle.

Pam, and glancing affectionately down at spotty feet
sticking out from under the computer desk one that doesn't
think Possums Fetching is Fun!

--
Tuba players are like the bikers of the band.
-Dr. Mark Chachich
Old 01-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Kieron

I live in a house, but still get wild ducks crap on my floors if back door
open and one black bird start to copy them.
Should I
1 stop feeding them
2 shut the door
3 or both

"David" wrote in message
I have a problem with geese and ducks crapping all over my lot. I live on

small lake and crapp is everywhere. I would appreciate any suggestions

you
may have that would help me get rid of them sitting/roosting on my lot.

Is
there something that I could spray on the ground to get rid of them?

I also have trouble with coons getting into my boat house on the walkway

and
scattering mussel shells after breaking them open, and also shitting on

the
walkway inside the boathouse. I'm fed up with picking up their crap. Any
suggestions how I can solve that problem too?
Thanks a lot for your help.

---

Old 01-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Thumbs

Use your oven at about 375 F. Baste with butter sauce often. A grill works
pretty good also.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old 01-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Fudge

Welcome to the real world. Live trap the coons and send them away or make
them into hats. Eat the ducks and geese. Duck a l'orange is very good. Use
the crap as fertilizer and grow some vegetables. Are you an American? Use
good old fashioned "American Knowhow".

Farmer John

Old 01-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Pam

In our last fun filled episode, Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:46:57 -0400,
"Fudge" proclaimed:

Welcome to the real world.

Yeah! The real world, where we stalk our dinner in the frozen
food section and capture our cellophane wrapped prey
on styrofoam trays.

Use good old fashioned "American Knowhow".

I know how to go to The Piggly Wiggly and buy meat that
some unlucky slob has cleaned and neatly packed for me.

Pam, been there, cleaned chickens, ain't gonna do it no more.

---
"Oh no, not again."
- A bowl of petunias on its way to certain death
Old 02-07-2003, 01:50 AM
Glenna Rose

writes:

Pam, been there, cleaned chickens, ain't gonna do it no more.

Amen!!!

How the RSPB helps pinkfooted geese [email protected] United Kingdom 0 06-01-2006 01:33 AM
Keeping Geese querie sunrise farm Permaculture 1 13-01-2005 01:30 AM
What's happenned to the Geese? Bob Scratchit United Kingdom 0 13-03-2004 11:35 AM
Zapping the Coons Bill Spohn Gardening 3 28-08-2003 09:02 PM
Problems with Deer, Coons, Coyote? Dan Charles Gardening 6 18-06-2003 06:56 PM