GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pear Tree - Yellow "Marshmallow like" growth on trunk (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/34843-pear-tree-yellow-marshmallow-like-growth-trunk.html)

Roger Helbig 30-06-2003 12:08 AM

Pear Tree - Yellow "Marshmallow like" growth on trunk

We have an old pear tree which has recovered from fire blight more
than once and still yields lots of tasty pears - we just discovered a
bright yellow "marshmallow like" growth near the base of the trunk - I
was able to scrape this off with a spoon and then washed the spot down
thoroughly with a hose - we have kept the "growth" in a double sealed
zip lock bag and want to find out what it is and what further
treatment that we should take. Thanks.

Roger
Richmond, CA