GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fresh Garlic (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/35535-fresh-garlic.html)

Fudge 05-07-2003 05:20 PM

Fresh Garlic

Just pulled a fresh garlic plant from the garden. It yields easly from
it's bed of two year old vintage chicken manure compost. The morning dew was
still on the bright green leaves. The whole plant had a rich earthy smell.
As I carefully removed the bulb wrappers, I could see the delicate pure
white cloves beneath. Each clove looked like it was made of pure white
porcelain. I whipped a batch of fresh bread from the kitchen wood stove,
slapped on some unsalted butter and dipped the fresh, virgin clove in rock
salt. OHHHHHHHHH YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS. Life is rough!!

Farmer John

11-07-2003 12:56 AM

Fresh Garlic

Quit making me hungry, farmer.
What do you do with the fresh garlic after dipping in salt? Eat raw? Why
salt?
Do I want to try this?
I knew an italian fella who sliced his and sauteed it and ate it that way.
roz
az usa