Old 07-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Lisa J Gehl

Default Moon Star Watermelon

Does anyone know how large these should grow before being harvested. I have one that is about the size of a bowling ball right now. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Prof.Zooks

Lisa J Gehl wrote:

Does anyone know how large these should grow before being harvested. I
have one that is about the size of a bowling ball right now. Thanks.

I've heard up to 25 lbs. Good luck! : )

Regards,
PZ.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Lisa J Gehl

Thank you both for the info. I'll keep an eye out on them and perhaps check them with a scale. hehe

"H Hornblower" wrote in message ...
I had one go fifty-four pounds last year. All the others were big
too. They were beauties but not as tasty as a crimson sweet or
seedless. When the little tendrils close to where the stem attaches to
the melon dries up they're ripe.

I'm talking about "Moon and Stars" a so called Amish heirloom variety.
I saw a pack of some seeds in a health food store that were also
called "Moon and Stars". The pack said they were ten pound melons,
definitely not what I had.

Old 09-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Lisa J Gehl

Thanks for the info Dwayne, I didn't know there was more than one kind of Moon and Stars. Knowing the person I got them from, mine will be HUGE. LOL

--

wrote:

Does anyone know how large these should grow before being harvested. I have one that is about the size of a bowling ball right now. Thanks.

star dropper star picket | || ||| ||||| || | Australia 0 02-05-2011 07:28 AM
Blue moon - blue moon.jpg joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 0 31-05-2010 03:08 AM
Moon phases Ireneu Castillo Bonsai 1 22-01-2004 04:08 AM
[IBC] Full Moon = Slow List John NJ Bonsai 3 20-03-2003 06:56 PM