Old 11-07-2003, 02:08 AM

Default Nitron for tomatoes?

I have a catalog from a co. called NItron, an organic plant food co. They
have a tomato food they claim is magic. Has anyone used it?
My potted tomatoes did not produce like I felt they should this year. They
were in big tree pots and had a great soil mix I made with lots of compost.
I fed organic food and liquid stuff similar to miracle gro. The fruits were
many, but very small. The beefmaster did hardly do anything in spite of a
great healthy plant.
I did remember to add phosphorus for flowering.
Are potted tomatoes jst not a good idea?
Don't want to waste my time next year doing the same thing.
roz
az usa

Old 11-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Simon Stenkle

It's possible that the soil is too high in nitrogen. This will produce
large healthy plants with little or no fruit.

simon