GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fusarium Wilt question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/36773-fusarium-wilt-question.html)

William Orth 16-07-2003 06:10 AM

Fusarium Wilt question

Does FW make tomatoes inedible? I have a plant with a darn-near ripe
tomato, but it's showing the obvious signs of the disease.

Yesterday, I had to pull up some twenty or so plants from a smaller
garden I keep across the road. This is first plant in the "main
garden" to become infected. :( I've had bacterial wilt in the past,
but this is my only experience with fusarium. It seems more tenacious
than bacterial wilt, perhaps owing to our hot wet summer.