GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   electric tomato strainer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/37911-electric-tomato-strainer.html)

Richard 22-07-2003 02:03 PM

electric tomato strainer

I recently posted this to rec.food.processing but got no reply. I am
trying it here. I process about 75 quarts of tomato juice each year.
Please no jokes. I have been using a Victorio manual tomato strainer.
It broke at the end of last season and I was unable to get replacement
parts.
I am thinking of repacing it with an electric model. I have narrowed
it down to 4 choices I was wondering if anyone here has any direct
experinece with any of them or perhaps some other suggestion.
1. A manual Villaware 200 with the electric motor attachment.
2. A Spremy 2121 sold by appliances.com.
3. A spremy 432 sold by several vendors.
4. A .65 hp model sold by weston.com.
Does anyone know the difference between 2 and 3.
Thanks in advance.
Richard