GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ordered from Shumway? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/3809-ordered-shumway.html)

Glenna Rose 06-03-2003 06:52 AM

Ordered from Shumway?

Has anyone ordered from Shumway this year? I have an order ready to fax
to them and wonder if anyone has had any experience with them this year.

Glenna

Aaron Baugher 06-03-2003 12:39 PM

Ordered from Shumway?

(Glenna Rose) writes:

Has anyone ordered from Shumway this year? I have an order ready to
fax to them and wonder if anyone has had any experience with them
this year.

We just sent in an order a few days ago, so no experience yet. We
ordered a few things from them last year (their catalog was the only
one we got with celeriac) and had no trouble.

--
Aaron

Tim B 06-03-2003 02:51 PM

Ordered from Shumway?

Looks like they have more negative reviews here last year:
http://www.plantsbymail.net/c/228/

news:fc.003d0941018d062c003d0941018d062c.18d0634@p mug.org...

Beecrofter 06-03-2003 05:27 PM

Ordered from Shumway?

(Glenna Rose) wrote in message news:fc.003d0941018d062c003d0941018d062c.18d0634@ pmug.org...
Has anyone ordered from Shumway this year? I have an order ready to fax
to them and wonder if anyone has had any experience with them this year.

Glenna

Ordered in previous years, no problems.

Mary McHugh 07-03-2003 08:56 PM

Ordered from Shumway?

Aaron Baugher wrote:

We just sent in an order a few days ago, so no experience yet. We
ordered a few things from them last year (their catalog was the only
one we got with celeriac) and had no trouble.

No experience with Shumway...but for future reference you can get celeriac
from Cook's Garden.
http:://www.cooksgarden.com

Mary

Guy Bradley 10-03-2003 02:56 PM

Ordered from Shumway?

Glenna Rose wrote in message
news:fc.003d0941018d062c003d0941018d062c.18d0634@p mug.org...
Has anyone ordered from Shumway this year? I have an order ready to

fax
to them and wonder if anyone has had any experience with them this

year.

Glenna

Although my problem isn't from this year, I was screwed by Shumway
several years ago. I ordered Florida Staysweet corn and received field
corn. The largest plants and most ears I ever had, but the corn was
tasteless. We tried to make corn meal out of it and even that didn't
work. Shumway refunded my money, but that didn't begin to compensate
for the wasted work and the absence of my sweet corn crop.

Guy Bradley
Chesterfield MO
zone 6