GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unidentified Cucumber Problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/39374-unidentified-cucumber-problem.html)

Phaedrine Stonebridge 05-08-2003 04:18 AM

Unidentified Cucumber Problem

I have been to a gazillion websites and I cannot find one that shows me
a picture of the kind of damage my cucumbers are suddenly experiencing.
Lots of bug pictures but no damaged cukes that I could find. These are
Divas (whcih have been producing like crazy). Something is eating the
skin but not penetrating more than a very thin layer, leaving trails of
connected roundy spots on the surface of the cucumbers. The skin then
dies and the cukes are then distorted in shape. Problem is, I cannot
find any bugs!

Another problem is that some of the cucumbers get these brownish
blotches on them, sort of like the skin has dried in veiny-streaks.

Any ideas what either of these might be?

Lynda 05-08-2003 06:22 AM

Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

I have been to a gazillion websites and I cannot find one that shows me
a picture of the kind of damage my cucumbers are suddenly experiencing.
Lots of bug pictures but no damaged cukes that I could find. These are
Divas (whcih have been producing like crazy). Something is eating the
skin but not penetrating more than a very thin layer, leaving trails of
connected roundy spots on the surface of the cucumbers. The skin then
dies and the cukes are then distorted in shape. Problem is, I cannot
find any bugs!

Another problem is that some of the cucumbers get these brownish
blotches on them, sort of like the skin has dried in veiny-streaks.

Any ideas what either of these might be?

don't know much about it, but these symptoms strike me as a sort of
fungus..

just a guess,
L.