GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plum tree and bird eating fruit problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/39861-plum-tree-bird-eating-fruit-problem.html)

Joe 09-08-2003 02:33 PM

Plum tree and bird eating fruit problem

Birds are destroying my ripe plums and cherries. Do any of you have any
suggestions how I can stop this from happening again next year?
Thanks for your help.

Charles Quinn 09-08-2003 02:33 PM

In article lbOYa.96991$Ho3.12739@sccrnsc03, "Joe" wrote:
Birds are destroying my ripe plums and cherries. Do any of you have any
suggestions how I can stop this from happening again next year?
Thanks for your help.

CDs hanging in the tree - you know those AOL discs. Try this, find some birds
in a tree, take a couple of discs. Position yourself so the sun will shine on
the discs and the reflection will hit the tree. See the birds reaction. You
will be a beliver.

--

Charles
Indifference = Consent

Bruce Yates 09-08-2003 06:02 PM

Plum tree and bird eating fruit problem

I concur. See my earlier post. Hang throughout the tree with a single
strand of fishing line. It will look like a 70s disco with the
slightest breeze. One month with my fig tree that way and not one
bird.

Bruce